Looking for a portable & refreshing snack to grab with you in the morning? These protein-packed, fruity fro-yo granola bites will hit just the spot!
The weather is getting warmer here in Southern California and for me, that means it’s smoothie making season! There are some mornings, however, when I don’t have time to prepare a smoothie but am still craving something cold and sweet.
Because of that, I decided to combine some of my favorite snacks to make fruity fro-yo granola bites!
What 3 snacks do I always have on hand, you ask?! Berries, siggi’s dairy, and Purely Elizabeth’s Original Ancient Grain Granola!
Let me break down why I love these three snacks so much…
Berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries are packed with antioxidants, fiber, and folate. Consuming a diet rich in antioxidants helps your body fight oxidative stress caused by free radicals that can lead to illness, while also protecting your hair and skin, and improving your overall wellbeing. I am a big believer in getting an adequate amount of fiber each day because it helps one feel full and minimizes mindless eating! Lastly, folate has the potential to protect against memory loss and cardiovascular disease. Folate is also known to help produce serotonin, which can improve one’s mood – who doesn’t want that?!
Siggi’s dairy is another staple product that I always have on hand. These yogurt cups are a good source of calcium and protein, making them an excellent snack to have mid day. What I really love about siggi’s is that they’re made with real ingredients and are relatively low in sugar. Their plain flavor, which is what I used in these cups, has no added sugar whatsoever! My other favorite flavors are their strawberry rhubarb and raspberry. Mmmm
Last but not least, I always need a crunch factor when making a snack! My absolute favorite store-bought granola is the Purely Elizabeth Original Ancient Grain Granola. This deliciousness is baked with coconut oil and is free of refined sugar. It’s sweetened with coconut sugar, which is my personal favorite type of sugar to use in baked goods. Sometimes, I make this my “cereal” by adding it to a bowl with milk and blueberries – so scrumptious!
None of the items listed above are sponsored – I simply just love them! If you’ve seen any of my grocery haul Insta-Stories, you’ll know these are items I ALWAYS buy!
- Silicone Muffin cup liners
- Muffin tin
- 24oz siggi's plain 0% yogurt (you'll use about 2 cups of it)
- A handful of fresh berries - I used strawberries in the froyo, and topped it with blueberries & blackberries
- 1 cup of Purely Elizabeth Original Ancient Grain Granola
- Optional - shredded coconut and/or honey
- Place a muffin tin liner in each of the cups in your muffin tin.
- Take a spoonful of granola and place it in one of the muffin liners. Continue to do this to each muffin liner. There is no need to fill it too much, just be sure that the bottom of each cup is covered with granola.
- To make strawberry fro-yo, place a few strawberries in a bowl and crush them (I used a fork) as much as possible until they become somewhat liquidy.
- In a separate bowl, mix some of the crushed strawberries (liquid and & strawberry chunks) with 2 cups of siggi's plain yogurt.
- Using a spoon, add a spoonful of the strawberry fro-yo into each muffin liner. Make sure to cover 3/4th of the muffin liner with yogurt.
- Top each of the yogurt cups with fresh berries. I used blueberries and blackberries but the possibilities are endless! I also sprinkled shredded coconut onto each fro-yo cup. You could even drizzle some honey on top!
- Place all fro-yo cups in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Once they've solidified, you're all set!
- Pop one out of the liner and try out your fruity fro-yo granola bites! Keep the rest in a container in the freezer. They last about 2 weeks.